Book 2: Anne of Green Gables


Hey everybody.
My second book for the pop sugar challenge was Anne of Green Gables. It filled the “Book that Makes Me Feel Nostalgic” challenge. I can't believe I never read the book before. I’ve noticed it on a dozen challenge lists. Not to mention, all my childhood friends read it in elementary school. I have no idea how I missed out on the book.
It was adorable. Anne reminded me so much of my youngest daughter. We call her the Narrator. I listened to the book on audio and thought the reader nailed Anne’s way of speaking in long complex paragraphs.
I love Anne's spirit and ability to love. Her rivalry with classmate Gilbert Blythe had me rolling with laughter. I could just see my oldest daughter, Ms. Stubborn herself, vying with a cute boy in such a way.
The book reminded me of Jane Eyre, a lifelong story of an interesting woman, her growth and change. Modern tales no longer include these life span stories. I wonder if we are missing out of some great tales due to starting with action. It’s sad a book such as this would not be published today. Or rather would be edited to fit the modern view.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book 46 The Kiss Quotient

Book 49 Lost in Austen

Extra Book 2: Escape from Mr. Lemoncello’s Library